Wednesday, October 5, 2011

17 Dreams.    17 Things.
In 17 Years.


Tic-tac. Tic-tac. The clock goes… the rain pours… the window opens… and a girl awakens.

It was 12 midnight and the whole place was bounded by silence and was doomed with the patting of the raindrops in the window glasses and roof. Thunders rumbling like giant rocks rolling over the ground, lightning flickers all over the dim skies and dark clouds…“No… no… no… this is just a dream!” the girl squealed in horror as she opened her wide eyes, sweat filled her whole three-angled face. She dashed her thick purple blanket and rushed outside her bedroom, bringing herself in great terror as the rumblings succeeded into louder and heavier vigor. But the strong winds closed the door and left her with a bang. In panic, she crawled down on the floor and crept into the table. A dark, big, and thick-furred monstrous shadow appeared on the wall as she hid herself under a table in a corner of the room. She closed her eyes and placed her hands on both side of her ears. In a nick of time, the horrific creature disappeared and the grumbling of the thunders and lightning stopped, and the heavy downpour ceased from falling onto the earth.
12 midnight from the day of October first. I woke up from a dreadful dream like when I was still seven, and then I realized, it’s already the 2nd of October.
I climbed down from the deck and turned the lights on. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands and blinked many times before finally heading to the table and grabbed a seat from behind and sat. I was horrified by that dream, not because I was afraid of the creepy creature, but I was worried about what that little girl could’ve been if my dream continued. Why did I not fear? That’s one thing I am supposed to know. But through the mistiness and solemnness of the night, I couldn’t help but just stare at the empty space and think of anything that would pop up into my mind.
The first thing came out to my mind, was that, at this very moment, at this very minute of the night, I have just turned 17… then another thought came out again. The second thought was kind of a bizarre.



Not in the sense that I didn’t think of it before, but it was actually the first time that I started counting and enumerating my dreams, and I realized, my dreams are too much, and too good to be true.
I sat idly in the white plastic chair where I laid my legs and stretched it to the other chair ahead, facing me. I grabbed my headphone from a cabinet beside me and that old-fashioned mp4 that hang at the end of the headphone wire as it was reeled into it. I turned it on and the music started playing. Slowly, I closed my eyes and began imagining my dreams. Well, sometimes, we couldn’t dream of our dreams if we don’t think of it, so by this time, I really did think of it, but I never have fallen asleep, honestly.
It is my dream to be a pianist…
            It is one of the many frustrations I have in my life. I want to play my fingers with the keys and make a very wonderful harmony out of it. I want to hear the sound of it as I press my fingers unto keys.

----to be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment